Tuesday 24 December 2013

Merry Christmas everyone!

I would like to wish everyone who reads this blog a merry Christmas and a happy new year! I haven't written an article on here for nearly 3 weeks. It's been a busy 3 weeks, mainly because of work and, boy, it's good to have finished for the Christmas break!


Now I can have plenty of lie-ins, relax and do what I want. I've already been Christmas shopping (again), been to a great work's Christmas party, played and watched some festive footy, visited extended family, had extended family round here and been to a fantastic pantomime. And I've only been off for 4 days!

Christmas is very nice in our house. We wake up early as if we're still 7 years old at about 7:30am and have a look at our stocking fillers, take the dogs out quickly and then go downstairs together as a family to begin opening the mountain of presents under and around the tree.

There's no holding back at Christmas for us, we buy each other loads of stuff and it's all good stuff! I'm still like a big kid at times when it comes to Christmas, I love opening the presents and then eating my favourite meal of the year: Christmas dinner. Roast turkey, sausage meat stuffing, pigs in blankets, cocktail sausages, sprouts, roast potatoes, carrots and gravy- lovely!

Then there's more present opening along with walking the dogs again and eating Christmas pudding (not literally for me, I have a cake or something). Then there's the Strictly Christmas special and having a lovely Christmas night in watching something one us might have got for a Christmas present (last year it was "The Amazing Spider-Man"- still one of my favourite films).

It is a lovely time and I even enjoy the Boxing Day to New Year time when there's plenty of football to watch and go to (including Everton v Sunderland on Boxing Day).

Seasons greetings and best wishes for Christmas!

Love from your favourite blogger,

Tom (@TLGooner)

No comments:

Post a Comment