Thursday 27 October 2011

Everton v Man Utd is imminent!

It's been a while since my last post, but I'm back with a preview of the game I am attending on Saturday.

This is of course at Goodison Park. As a neutral Everton season ticket holder my second most eagerly anticipated game is Everton v Man Utd. Whilst I look forward to seeing Man Utd more as a team because they are better than Liverpool, the derby still probably just shades top spot because it is the derby. However, this is like a 'second derby' for Everton and the hate in the ground for Man Utd is just as obvious as it is at the Liverpool game. You can't help but enjoy the rip- roaring atmosphere. Pre- game and during the game.


It's a very interesting time for this fixture because of Man Utd's 6-1 thrashing by Man City on Sunday. Also, Everton have had a mixed week, winning in the last minute at Fulham after 3 consecutive defeats, but then losing after extra time at home to Chelsea in the league cup.

Man Utd's line up is highly unpredictable, so much so that it's pointless to try to predict what it will be but whoever plays for them it will be a fiery, exciting, interesting game that could go either way. I've tempted fate there by using those words, but that is what I think. It is always an intense and exciting fixture that usually delivers the goods, especially last season when Everton scored 2 stoppage time goals to draw 3-3.

I'm looking froward to the atmosphere which is always fantastic for this fixture, I am also looking forward to seeing the likes of Rooney, Nani, Hernandez and possibly Young play, although who knows which of them will actually start? Even if some of them don't there's the likes of Valencia, Giggs and Berbatov who are possible entertaining replacements.

Everton will also provide plenty of entertainment and it wouldn't be an Everton v Man Utd game without a controversial incident and/ or some Man Utd players winding up the crowd, to get things buzzing even more.
I am looking forward to this and I am anticipating an Everton win, although it could go either way. Everton could win, it could be a draw or Man Utd could leave victorious. Who knows?

One thing is for sure, I am buzzing about this game and I can't wait to get to my seat at about 11.50am on Saturday. Infact, I am even looking forward to stuff before that. Setting off at 8.45am, getting to my Grandparents house for breakfast, enjoying a nice brunch and then driving to our usual parking place near the ground. Then we'll walk to the ground, soak up the pre- game atmosphere on the walk, maybe walk around the ground before we take to our seats (after the usual pre- match bog trip of course- or is that too much information?) and stand at our seats for 10 minutes- ish, again, soaking up the atmosphere before watching what is surely set to be an entertaining game. Ooh, I'm getting all excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment