Friday 16 August 2013

New Season!!!!!!!!!

Footy's back!

Yes, I know there was the half-seriously taken Confederations Cup and then the Football League season but now the bread and butter's back. I haven't been to a competitive football game since May 12th, 3 months and 4 days ago... not that I'm counting.


Arsenal are back, Everton are back and guess what... I'm going the game tomorrow! Norwich v Everton, I can't wait. A new ground, new place, opening day excitement, interestingly poised game, new signings, a new manager and a full day's outing before getting back in time for Match of the Day to watch and record the highlights of Arsenal's 7-0 opening day win against Aston Villa. Bitchin'.

It's been a while since I had that excited pre-game feel (probably April in fact) and it's good to be back. I'm looking forward to seeing how different Everton might be under Martinez- will the formation be different? Will the style be tweaked? Who'll be first choice up front? I'm also looking forward to seeing Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Gary Hooper, Leroy Fer and Nathan Redmond for Norwich. All very attacking, intriguing players and it should make for a very good game.


As for Arsenal, I really thought we'd be starting this season with genuine excitement and anticipation last May when it was announced we had £70m to spend and the likes of Higuain, Suarez, Fellaini and Rooney were being linked with moves to us. But sadly as usual we go into with trepidation and pessimism, only this season with a real sense of a missed opportunity. There's time to get players yet but so far, so poor.

Still though, I can't wait for the season to kick off. I can't wait to go to games, meet other fans, watch games on TV, be ecstatic at great wins (hopefully), enjoy the atmospheres, the away days and all the controversy and talking points that come with the season.

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment