Friday 16 March 2012

Everton v Sunderland: Does Wembley beckon for the Lee's?

This is a big game. Not for Arsenal. But for me, and my Dad. We are both desperate for another trip (or two!) to Wembley this season. In four weeks time, I could be writing an article here about a semi- final at Wembley, involving Everton. I hope I will be.


I was very confident about Everton progressing until Liverpool beat them 3-0 on Tuesday night. That has raised doubts in my mind about a trip to London in a few weeks, as I'm sure it has to many Evertonians. Also, Sunderland are a decent team, although I think Everton are better, and with home advantage, Everton should win this, particularly considering their good record at home to Sunderland in recent times. Then again, Martin O' Neill has a very good record against Everton, including at Goodison Park. So it's going to be interesting.

Everton have a near full strength team available and Sunderland have Stephane Sessegnon out, so that's good news for Everton. Heitinga and Jelavic (aka 'Jellyfish') should return to the side and given Everton's recent home form, I'm reasonably confident they'll at least be in the draw on Sunday.

On a personal note, I'm quite excited about tomorrow. I like the occasional lunch- time kick- off. It means I get to get up early and set off early. I like that, Saturday's longer and it's nice to get straight into it when my day begins. A nice drive over, get to my Grandparents' house and have a lovely brunch. Sausages, bacon, beans, hash browns, you get the idea. I'm getting hungrier just thinking about it! Then a drive to Liverpool and walking to the ground.

I'm not too happy about the seats tomorrow, not getting our usual seats, which have a great view. Instead, we have been rewarded for our loyal support by being displaced into the main stand, several rows further back than usual and one of our seats being an 'obstructed view', which I'm not too keen about because a lot of unobstructed view seats in the ground are actually partially obstructed. Plus, I've never sat in an obstructed view seat before so don't know what to expect.

But anyway, I'm still looking forward to the game. The seats can't be that bad... can they????? Aslong as Everton win, I'll be happy though. For once, that's what it's about tomorrow. If ever I've wanted Everton to win, it's tomorrow's game. I'd like it to be entertaining too, but that's just a preferance.

I'm eagerly anticipating this one, cup atmosphere, plenty at stake, and for some reason I fancy there to be a fair few goals. We are due a thriller at Everton after all!

Looking forward to it! 3-2 to the Toffees I'm saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment