Friday 30 September 2011

A Big Derby Weekend!

Oh boy. These two games are so opposite to each other for me it's unbelievable. I love going to Everton v Liverpool and I hate it when Arsenal are playing at Tottenham.


The first one is obviously Everton v Liverpool tomorrow lunch- time. I will be getting up at about 8.30am and setting off at about 9.30am to go to my Gran's for a nice brunch before my Dad and I set off to Goodison Park. My Dad isn't as big a fan of this game as I am so I may have to make sure he doesn't vere off road and end up taking us home or something instead.

We will then park up (maybe in his red car) and walk to the ground, which is about a 20-25 minute walk, soaking up the atmosphere before we arrive at the ground. We may decide to take a walk around the ground, to try to spot any famous people as we have in the past and to soak up the atmosphere even more. Once inside the ground we will take our positions at our seats about 10-15 minutes before kick off and have a look at which 'characters' have made it to the game. Will Mad Man be there? Will Fellaini/ Terrorist Girl? Will Played Man be there? Hairy Ears? Referee Hater? Only time will tell.

We will then sit down and I will enjoy the match. Of course my Dad will if Everton are 3-0 up or more (or the equivalent of) with about a minute to go. I am really looking forward to watching this. A great atmosphere, some exciting players, 2 teams looking for the win in a hopefully entertaining game with a few goals to be bashed in.


Then there's Sunday. Tottenham vs Arsenal at 4pm of all times. Bloody hell. *Sighs*. If Arsenal win, I'll be ecstatic but I do hate the North London derbies. I'm going to predict a 2-2 or 2-1 to Tottenham as I worry about us defensively at the moment. But, like Everton v Liverpool, I can see it going either way.

I don't really buy into Tottenham being a better side than Arsenal as people have been suggesting but I think the new look Arsenal are settling in and getting used to each other, and lets not forget have some key players out such as Vermaelen and Wilshere. While Tottenham just happen to have hit a shot period of form, but they aren't a better team or squad than Arsenal in my opinion.

Predictions:

Everton 2 v 2 Liverpool

Tottenham 2 v 1 Arsenal

No comments:

Post a Comment